Voidstar One


These are a few of the things I've done that stand out from the many websites that I've done over the last few years. Two of them were things I developed for websites I was working on, and the other was a unique product in its own right.

Grapevine App

Grapevine City app screenshots.

This is absolutely the thing I've done that I'm proudest of. I went from knowing almost nothing about iOS developement to releasing a successful app in just a couple of months. When I arrived, the company had a really buggy phone gap solution and a broken web service. I fixed up the web service, added a few features to their admin interface - and of course designed and built the app with them. Helping them out with UX decisions along the way. Unfortunately the company no longer exists, so you can't try it out for yourself, but there is a website with my face on still.

Moss Ameliorator

MOSS Ameliorator extension screenshot

This is the nichest thing on the list, but I'm still fairly pleased about it. It was a solution bourne out of frustration - the client I was working for at the time required that we upload all images via Sharepoint, filling in all the fields as they requested. This would involve typing into 3-4 boxes, selecting 4 different dropdowns and clicking sometimes 30 checkboxes per image. I decided to learn how to develop a Chrome Extension to solve the problem. What I came up with required us to only fill this out once, and then it could be loaded for all the other images. Turning a task that would take hours to something that could be done in minutes - an infinitely better experience. You won't have any use for it, but you can see it here.


Curly braces, denoting code without a front-end.

This is an interesting one, since I think I was the first to identify a problem in how deveolpers identify which section of their page people are currently looking at. This was a problem that kept cropping up again and again, when another agency would simply compare the scrollTop value they got from jQuery to a set of fixed breakpoints. Their approach caused all sorts of nasty bugs and a generalyl unpleasant UX. I approached it differently - using basic geometry to intelligently work out which section was most in view. You can read more about it, and use it yourself here. I wrote this code a good few years before uploading it publicly.